The Ohio State University will be the host of the 2015 APVMA Symposium!
The American Pre-Veterinary Medical Association (APVMA) is a national organization of students. Our goal is to promote and stimulate interest in the field of veterinary medicine, provide open communication between pre-veterinary clubs and organizations nationally, provide resources to students on pursuing the field of veterinary medicine, and hold the annual national APVMA symposium.
The APVMA is:
• Actively involved in assisting with regional activities across the nation
• Interactively involved at the club, regional, and national levels
• Committed to being a partner in the community and a resource in the veterinary community
• A diverse organization in respect to academic endeavors and cultural/ethnic backgrounds
• Committed to developing partnerships with other student and professional organizations to promote interest in and understanding of the veterinary profession
• A source of guidance in the student’s ability to pursue and successfully complete the Veterinary Medical College Application process
Membership Benefits Include:
• Quarterly newsletter
• Networking with pre-veterinary students from across the nation
• Meeting with representatives from veterinary schools from across the nation in one location
• Access to national symposiums held annually at different colleges across the country
• Sharing of ideas between members and member clubs
Want to learn more?
To find out how these goals are met and to find additional information please take a look around our site. If you have any questions please feel free to contact any of the Executive Board members. Contact information can be found by clicking “Your Executive and Advisory Boards” tab on the left.
Check us out on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube!
I hope everyone is enjoying your summer! The executive board has great news regarding the next year's symposium.
We have chosenThe Ohio State University to host the 2015 APVMA Symposium! Here is a message from the host pre-vet club!
The Ohio State University Pre-Vet Club is happy to announce that we gladly accept your offer to host the 2015 APVMA Symposium. The 2015 APVMA Symposium will be held on March 27-29. Rooms have been booked at the Hilton Hotel and we are currently reserving more rooms at other hotels as well.
The main planning chairs:
April Pugh.firstname.lastname@example.org – will be the primary contact along with Alison Martin
More planning chairs will be added as we move further along in the planning process.
Lectures – One Health, Veterinary Behavior, Mock Interviews, Career in Veterinary Medicine, A day in life of a zoo vet, Animal welfare, VMCAS, Careers in vet medicine, economics of the profession (more to come).
Labs – Physical exams, Suture labs, Tour of the VMC, Avian Soft Tissue Surgery Lecture & Wetlab, Critical care lab, swine necropsy, behind the scenes of the Columbus Zoo, tour of the wildlife center.
Of courses, lectures and labs are subject to change. We will be adding more as we get further along in the planning process.
If you have any questions, please let me know.